Objective: Create relevant and interesting content for the Cascades fan base and Seattle community at large. Present the Cascades team and organization in an positive light while maintaining journalistic integrity. Freedom to experiment with various forms and styles of written media.
While this Media Internship spans a variety of topics, the goal is twofold:
1. Work on projects that contribute real value to Seattle Cascades.
2. Get an experience that is educational, enjoyable, and a potential career stepping stone.
The ideal internship has these two circles overlapping as much as possible.
To apply, email Xtehn Titcomb (email@example.com) with a cover letter, your resume, a writing sample, and two references. This position will be filled on a rolling basis, so act quickly if you're interested!
- One or more written media features per week:
-- Topics will vary; Cascades news coverage, stories about Cascades in our community, etc.
-- Mediums include Cascades website, social media channels, and earned media outlets.
-- Assignments by Media Manager.
- Home game coverage:
-- Ownership over one or more live media channels (e.g. Snapchat, FB, Twitter),
-- Written post-game feature for immediate release online.
-- Player interviews are encouraged; gather quotes, gain player perspectives, etc.
- Media projects:
-- Assist Media Manager with various media projects
-- Opportunity to gain experience with non-written media
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt writing style
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Team-focused mentality, cooperative
- Well-developed knowledge of ultimate
- Knowledge of Seattle ultimate scene and AUDL a plus
- During Cascades regular season, March - July
- Weekly writing assignments with deadlines
- Desk and computer available at Cascades office in Belltown
- Meetings: 1-2 hours per week for coordination with Media Team
- Weekend commitments: home game coverage, eight games
- Compensation commensurate with experience; stipend delivered at completion of internship