The Seattle Cascades are a professional ultimate team that competes in the Western Division of the American Ultimate Disc League.
What is the AUDL? (American Ultimate Disc League)
The American Ultimate Disc League is the first and largest ultimate league in the world. The league's mission is to increase the visibility of one of North America's fastest growing sports by creating fun, family friendly events that showcase the sport being played at its highest level.
Do women play ultimate?
- Absolutely! Seattle is home to one of the best women's teams in the entire world, Seattle Riot. Seattle has other women's teams, such as Seattle Underground, Seattle Seismic, and Seattle Roar. There are also mixed teams, which feature a 4:3 ratio of males and females on the field. Seattle has excellent mixed teams as well, such as Seattle MixTape, who took second in 2014 and 2015 at the National Club Championships.
- Recently, one of the owners of the Seattle Cascades, Qxhna Titcomb, created a team of female college All-Stars that traveled around the States and played the top club teams. All of the games were streamed live and free and charge, and can be watched here.
Is there a professional league for women?
- Unfortunately, there is not currently a professional ultimate league which largely features women. Steps are being made to promote the involvement of women in ultimate. For example, the Raleigh Flyers signed Jessi Jones to a game against the Nashville Nightwatch in 2015. Who knows what the future will hold? We are ever optimistic.
The Seattle Cascades are a professional ultimate team that competes in the Western Division of the American Ultimate Disc League. The season runs April-July. As we work to build an outstanding ultimate program, we carry with us a set of core values: integrity, community, and athletic excellence.
The name "Seattle Cascades" refers to the Cascade Mountain Range which runs through Washington State. The 2014 "Seattle Raptors" name will be retired.
We look forward to seeing you on the field, cheering with you in the stands, and building an excellent organization that will contribute to the growth of ultimate.
When do the Seattle Cascades play?
The 2015 regular season ran from April to July. The 2016 schedule has yet to be announced.
Who will the Seattle Cascades play against?
- The Seattle Cascades are in the Western Division of the AUDL. We will match up against Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, and Vancouver. Follow the links at the base of our website for more information about our opponents.
When were the playoffs?
- The championship weekend was scheduled for August 6 and 7 in Madison, Wisconsin. After the regular season ended in July, there were two weeks of playoff games. The Cascades took first place in the West Division. After a come-from-behind victory against the Madison Radicals, they went on to the championship game against the Dallas Roughnecks.
What did the winner of the championship get?
- The AUDL Champions receive a $25,000 player prize.